Hi! Welcome to Cox's Blocks, a Minecraft: Java Edition server.
Do By Friday is a weekly challenge show hosted by Merlin Mann and Alex Cox. You can listen to it here.
This server is run by Merlin and Alex for the Do By Friday community.
Joining the community
You can join the server by typing "coxblocks.rocks" in the Multiplayer menu of your Minecraft: Java Edition client. You can use the "Direct Connect" option, but we recommend using "Add Server" to permanently add the server to your server bookmarks list. The server is running Java 1.15.2.
This server also runs Geyser, a proxy that allows Minecraft: Bedrock Edition clients to join. However, your experience connecting with a Bedrock client may be buggy. If possible, we recommend playing using Java Edition.
You can chat with the Do By Friday community on our Discord server. Click here for a Discord invite.
Rules and expectations
We have a few rules we'd like you to follow on the server:
- No griefing. This means destruction of other players' property, general harassment, harm, or other actions that cause grief - thus the term griefing. This includes builds that are ugly (like large cobblestone structures) or cause lag (like auto farms); they are liable to be deleted at any time.
- No begging. You are not entitled to anything here. If you ask other players nicely, they might be willing to help you.
- No whining. Be kind and courteous to the moderators and the other players.
- Be friendly. We'll all have a better time if we get along and work together.
- No hacking, malicious mods, exploitation, duping, or other unfairly advantageous manipulation of gameplay. Cheaters never prosper.
- Harassment will not be tolerated.
- Visual griefing (mutilating the landscape for transport or other purposes without cleaning up after yourself) is not allowed. Please respect the natural beauty of the world and cover up any messes you make.
- No unreasonable self-promotion. You can DM a moderator on the Discord server to request permission if you think you have something worth sharing.
Below is a live map of the server. Isn't that cool? Click here for a full-window view of the map.